Monday, October 27, 2008

Judge Brack: supsupsupsup?

Judge Brack was an interesting character in the play for many reasons. To me, he was a male version of Hedda (or maybe it was Hedda that was the female version of him, idk?) They were both manipulative towards one another and everyone else around them. I think Judge Brack represents the oppression and corruption that females are tryin to fight against in that time period. I find it ironic too that Brack's character had to be a Judge bcuz he was the most unfair and unjust in the play to me. Brack should've used his role as Judge to serve justice and righteousness to people around him. But instead, he used his authority for bad and to take advantage of anyone he wanted to.....what do u think?
~supsupsupsup?

1 comment:

KC said...

I agree with your evaluation of Brack, however I don't really think that Hedda and Brack are as similar as you say. Brack doesn't seem as stuck up about what he wants, and he seems to come right out with what he wants, rather than going through obstacles and being all secretive about it.